|Characteristics and functions of the program
This calculation program on Excel makes it possible to dimension
and carry out the calculation of the pressure losses on the distribution
systems of gas. It applies to all the types of pipes and particularly
holds account operating conditions and specific characteristics
on the pipes, such as:
- The temperature of the gas conveyed (see: list gas below)
- The temperature of gas distribution.
- The pressure of gas distribution.
- The nature of the various types of materials used (steel pipeline,
copper, PVC, built walls, etc.)
- The different types of local pressure loss.
Complementary modules of calculations are incorporated in the program,
has to know:
- Pipe table editor made up of 246 pipes with 11 categories of
- K-factor editor of the local pressure loss.
- Orifice plate calculator.
- Control valves calculator (Kv, etc.)
- Equivalent K-factor calculator.
- Calculator of the motorized power for compressor.
The types of pipes integrated in the AeroGaz program for the calculation
of the pressure losses, are:
- Black iron T1 and T2 pipes (traditional use)
- Galvanized iron pipes
- black iron T3 pipes
- Black iron T10 pipes
- Coppers pipes (everyday usage)
- Coppers pipes (refrigerating quality)
- PVC ground heating pipes
- PVC pressure pipes
- Polyethylene pipes (PehD)
- Polyethylene pipes for gas
- Stainless 316L pipes
The calculation program is equipped with a command bar personalized
giving access to the various procedures, boxes of calculations and
The working files are created separately making it possible to
reduce the data storage.
The program makes it possible to carry out various calculations
according to the preliminary choice of one of 50 standard gases
stored in the library according to the list below:
- 1 Acetylene (C2H2)
- 2 Amoniac (NH3)
- 3 Argon (Ar)
- 4 Arsine (As H3)
- 5 Azote (N2)
- 6 Biogas (Methane 60% - CO2 35%)
- 7 Carbon dioxide (CO2)
- 8 Carbon monoxyde (CO)
- 9 Chlorinate (CL2)
- 10 Coke-oven gas
- 11 Diborane (B2 H6)
- 12 Dioxyde de souffre (SO2)
- 13 Dry air
- 14 Ethane (C2H6)
- 15 Ethylene (C2H4)
- 16 Helium (He)
- 17 Hydrogen (H2)
- 18 Hydrogen chloride (HCI)
- 19 Hydrogen sulfide (H2S)
- 20 Isobutane (iC4H10)
- 21 Kryton (Kr)
- 22 LPG - Butane air mixture
- 23 LPG - Commercial propane (C3H8)
- 24 LPG - Commercial butane (C4H10)
- 25 LPG - Propane-air mixure 7,5 (6,5 Th/m3)
- 26 LPG - Propane-air mixure AP 15,7 (13,5 Th/m3)
- 27 Methane (CH 4)
- 28 Natural gas standard L (Low) GDF (northern area of France)
- 29 Natural gas standard H (High) GDF (France except North)
- 30 Natural gas - Lacq
- 31 Natural gas of Algeria (Fos)
- 32 Natural gas of Algeria (Mounting block)
- 33 Natural gas the North Sea
- 34 Natural gas of Russia
- 35 Natural gas of Groningue
- 36 Nitrogen dioxide (N2 O4)
- 37 Neon (Ne)
- 38 Nitric oxide (NO)
- 39 Nitrogen Protoxyde (N2 O)
- 40 Nitrogen (N2)
- 41 Nitrous oxide (N2O)
- 42 Refinery gas of oil
- 43 Street Manufactured Gas
- 44 Oxygen (O2)
- 45 Propylene (C3H6)
- 46 Silane (SiH4)
- 47 Sulphur dioxide (SO2)
- 48 Sulfur hexafluoride (SF6)
- 49 Water vapor (H2O)
- 50 Xenon (Xe)
The type of gas employed can be replaced by another gas during
the phase calculation.
|Table of the calculation of pressure loss
The working sheet file can be made up of various pipes. You can
start from the same file, to insert a new worksheet or to duplicate
the worksheet in progress for a similar study and to make the complementary
In your table of calculation you can add or withdraw lines of calculation,
without deteriorating the phases of calculations.
You can also choose the unit of pressure of your choice in the
- Pa (Pascal)
- Pounds per square foot (lbf/sq ft) = 47.88026 Pa
- Torr / mm Hg (133.3226 Pa)
- kPa ( = 1000 Pa)
- Feet of water (ft) = 2989.07 Pa
- Psi (Pound per square inch (lbf/sq. in) = 6894.757 Pa)
- Bar (100000 Pa)
For each sheet of the table of calculation, the presentation is
done, that is to say:
In display basic:
In complete display:
The table visualizes in complement:
- The roughness factors.
- The gas density.
- The gas specific heat.
- The gas dynamic viscosity.
- The Reynolds number.
All the cells of calculation in purple are programmed.