|Characteristics and functions of the program
This calculation program on Excel makes it possible to dimension
and carry out the calculation of the pressure losses on the distribution
systems (hot water supply or overheated
water, water canalization, piping in cold water or hot water of
It applies to all the types of pipes and particularly holds account
of operating conditions and specific characteristics on the pipes,
- The temperature of the water conveyed until 320°C (overheated
- The operating pressure of the installation.
- The thermal type of fluid used (hot Water or frozen water)
- The nature of the various types of materials used (steel pipeline,
copper, PVC, built walls, etc.)
- The different types of local pressure loss.
The difference compared to the program HydroTherm it is that we
can inpute flow rates and not thermal powers to the working sheet.
It can thus be also used for applications such as distributions
of water of sanitary use. All the other elements of the program
are identical to the program hydrotherm or except for the correction
of the pressure losses by antifreeze which was withdrawn.
Complementary modules of calculations are incorporated in the program,
has to know:
- Pipe table editor made up of 246 pipes with 11 categories of
- K-factor editor of the local pressure loss.
- Orifice plate calculator.
- Control valves calculator (Kv, etc.)
- Equivalent K-factor calculator.
- Pumps calculator (Evaluation of the motorized power of the pump
according to the head pressure loss calculated)
Moreover, the difference with the programs HyroTherm, It is that
we can input diameters of pipes other than those integrated in the
list of the HydroWater program as well as geometrical forms of quadrangular
The materials integrated in the HydroWater program for the calculation
of the pressure losses, are:
- Copper, brass
- Pvc, polyethylene or Pehd
- Asbestos cement
- Iron T3, T10 not welded
- Iron T1 welded
- Galvanized steel
- Spiral Steel
- Cast iron
- Fiber glass
- Smoothes concrete
- Ordinary concrete
- Stretch flex duct
- Strech PVC Flex duct
- Semi-tightened Flex duct
The types of pipes integrated in the HydroWater program for the
calculation of the pressure losses, are:
- Black iron T1 and T2 tubes (traditional use)
- Galvanized iron tubes
- black iron T3 tubes
- Steel tubes S5, S10, S40, S80, etc.
- Coppers tubes serie K, L, M, etc.
- Coppers tubes (refrigerating quality)
- PVC ground heating tubes
- PVC pressure tubes
- Polyethylene tubes (PehD)
- Polyethylene tubes for gas
- Stainless 316L tubes
The calculation program is equipped with a command bar personalized
giving access to the various procedures, boxes of calculations and
The working files are created separately making it possible to
reduce the data storage.
|Table of the calculation of pressure loss
The working sheet file can be made up of various pipes. You can
start from the same file, to insert a new worksheet or to duplicate
the worksheet in progress for a similar study and to make the complementary
In your table of calculation you can add or withdraw lines of calculation,
without deteriorating the phases of calculations.
You can also choose the unit of pressure of your choice in the
- Pa (Pascal)
- Pounds per square foot (lbf/sq ft) = 47.88026 Pa
- Torr / mm Hg (133.3226 Pa)
- kPa ( = 1000 Pa)
- Feet of water (ft) = 2989.07 Pa
- Psi (Pound per square inch (lbf/sq. in) = 6894.757 Pa)
- Bar (100000 Pa)
For each sheet of the table of calculation, the presentation is
done, that is to say:
In display BASIC:
In complete display
The table visualizes in complement:
- The roughness factors.
- The water density.
- The water specific heat.
- The water dynamic viscosity.
- The Reynolds number.
All the cells of calculation in purple are programmed.