|Characteristics and functions of the program
This calculation program on Excel makes it possible to dimension
and carry out the calculation of the pressure losses on the distribution
systems of heat such as hot water supply or overheated water. It
applies to all the types of pipes and particularly holds account
of operating conditions and specific characteristics on the pipes,
- The temperature of the water conveyed until 320°C (overheated
- The operating pressure of the installation.
- The thermal type of fluid used (hot Water or frozen water)
- The addition of anti-freeze.
- The nature of the various types of materials used (steel pipeline,
copper, PVC, built walls, etc.)
- The different types of local pressure loss.
Complementary modules of calculations are incorporated in the program,
has to know:
- Pipe table editor made up of 246 pipes with 11 categories of
- K-factor editor of the local pressure loss.
- Orifice plate calculator.
- Control valves calculator (Kv, etc.)
- Equivalent K-factor calculator.
- Pumps calculator (Evaluation of the motorized power of the pump
according to the head pressure loss calculated)
The types of pipes integrated in the HydoTherm program for the
calculation of the pressure losses, are:
- Black iron T1 and T2 tubes (traditional use)
- Galvanized iron tubes
- black iron T3 tubes
- Steel tubes S5, S10, S40, S80, etc.
- Coppers tubes serie K, L, M, etc.
- Coppers tubes (refrigerating quality)
- PVC ground heating tubes
- PVC pressure tubes
- Polyethylene tubes (PehD)
- Polyethylene tubes for gas
- Stainless 316L tubes
The calculation program is equipped with a command bar personalized
giving access to the various procedures, boxes of calculations and
The working files are created separately making it possible to
reduce the data storage.
|Table of the calculation of pressure loss
The working sheet file can be made up of various pipes. You can
start from the same file, to insert a new worksheet or to duplicate
the worksheet in progress for a similar study and to make the complementary
In your table of calculation you can add or withdraw lines of calculation,
without deteriorating the phases of calculations.
You can also choose the unit of pressure of your choice in the
- Pa (Pascal)
- Pounds per square foot (lbf/sq ft) = 47.88026 Pa
- mbar (100 Pa or 0,1 kPa)
- Torr / mm Hg (133.3226 Pa)
- kPa ( = 1000 Pa)
- Feet of water (ft) = 2989.07 Pa
- Psi (Pound per square inch (lbf/sq. in) = 6894.757 Pa)
- Bar (100000 Pa)
For each sheet of the table of calculation, the presentation is
done, that is to say:
In display BASIC:
In complete display
The table visualizes in complement:
- The roughness factors.
- The water density.
- The water specific heat.
- The water dynamic viscosity.
- The Reynolds number.
All the cells of calculation in purple are programmed.